Hidden Figures


There are many reasons of why I adore so much this movie and I am so grateful of seeing it in class and had my classmates to watch it too. Growing up as a lonely girl with lots of hobbies considered good only for boys I really relate to the main characters of the movie. I think that nowadays we girls fighting for a place in this men’s world, owe lots of things to all these wonderful women who came before us and let a path for us to follow.

Now, something that is quite sad is that if not as marked as at that time, several things still happen in our modern world and not all of us are aware of it. I am really happy to have grown in a family as supportive as Katherine and even with that I could not escape all the criticism that brings choosing this “men’s career”. As a girl I have been told that a girl does not have the brain to make it in programming, even less so in security. I have seen my sister struggling with the inequality in salaries when she is an outstanding engineer. I have seen some friends getting scared by the major and all the prejudices surrounding it. I don’t think either that is something fair the fact that you have to double men in work sometimes in order to for you to be respected by your coworkers.

That is why I love so this movie so bad. It helps us see what sometimes we fail to see. Even with the little things. I had two of my classmates at one scene, wondering why Katherine was running so funny. I don’t know if all my classmates are aware of the struggle that sometimes a girl has to go in order to have a successful career, but I hope that this movie at least helps them realize and be more welcoming to other girls in our career. Also, I think that I was lucky in that most of my generation are conscious and outstanding people, so we have not struggled as much, but this situation in general still happens out there. I really hope that this diminishes over time and it is sad that lots of time has passed and we still struggle with this topic.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

War Games

SOLID

Ethical Reflection on R.P.O.